- Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here. Always hated pompous post-'Meddle' Floyd, but last night I heard a band called Rasputina (2 cellos and drums) do a cover of it, and it was ace.
- Steps - Tragedy.
- Tight Fit - The Lion Sleeps Tonight. Where are they now?
- Robbie Williams - No Regrets. I once got drunk and requested this in an Industrial Goth club.
- Van Halen - Jump. Stadiums were built for songs like this. Or stadia.
- Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face. Chris Martin is the expert at writing profound sounding lyrics that mean sod all. Catchy tune, though.
- Starsailor - Good Souls. As above. Even more earnest and miserable than Coldplay.
- J. Geils Band - Centerfold.
- Morrissey - First Of The Gang To Die. There, I did it! Even knowing that Dom and Kek will never talk to me again.
- Pretty much anything by Rammstein, cos I love 'em. Best stage show I've ever seen, like a gay fetish Nuremberg Rally with flamethrowers.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Late, and in no particular order: