"List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to."
So here we go:
- Mekons: 'Ghosts Of American Astronauts'. Remember loving this when Dom & I saw them supporting Pere Ubu yonks ago. Then completely forgot about it for 20 years before stumbling over it as a download somewhere. Just lovely.
- Girls Aloud: 'I Can't Speak French'. They keep playing this at my gym. I can't bench press, so I let the funky music do the talking talking uh uh uhhh...
- Nine Inch Nails: 'The Four Of Us Are Dying'. Off the so-so new album. He should stick to instrumentals like this and spare us his whiney lyrics.
- Nico: 'All Tomorrow's Parties'. Not the Velvets version, but an 8 minute live solo version in which she at one point managed to completely mistime her entrance. You'd think she'd know it by heart. Probably on drugs.
- David Bowie: 'Panic In Detriot'. Recently rediscovered what a great album 'Alladin Sane' is. I love Mike Garson's wonky piano stuff, which actually isn't on this track.
- Ministry: 'Animosity'. Teeth-clenching head-smashing MURRDER!
- The Cure: 'Bloodflowers'. Get drunk, turn the lights out and play this when you split up with your girlfriend. If I had a girlfriend I'd dump her just to appreciate the song better.
Afraid I can't nominate anyone else, as everyone I know has been done already!